Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Welcome, Friends!

Hello Everyone.

Welcome to my blog.  If you are here, it could be for a number of reasons such as:

You have young children and want some fun activities to do with them...
You are tired of your house being a wreck and want some new ideas on how to get organized...
You need some words of inspiration from another woman/mom in order to know you are not alone...
You got roped into reading this blog because you are a friend or family member of mine...
the list goes on...

Whatever your reason may be, I hope you will enjoy this blog as much as I am hoping to enjoy writing it.

I plan to include fun activities, inspirational thoughts, helpful hints, easy recipes, lessons learned and much more in this all inclusive blog.

I am a woman who enjoys learning and trying new things in order improve myself as a person and my impact on the world.

A little about myself...

My name is Amber M. Woolsey.  I am 34 years young.  I was born and raised in Southern California and relocated to Oregon with my parents while in my teenage years.  I have a high school education with some college credits.  I have worked in a movie theater, with city officials in City Hall, was a dispatcher for truckers, an assistant to a realtor, was a photographer's assistant and office manager, an apartment assistant manger and then manager, worked in Bath and Body Works, I  have scanned and shredded medical documents for doctor offices who are switching to electronic medical records, and as a photographer with my husband and then on my own, I was a practice manager with my husbands Cardiology office then the office manager there when I was unable to work full time, I have watched children as an acting nanny in my home, I make and sell things on Etsy and plan to increase this work starting this 2018, and I am currently the activity coordinator for a friends local Montessori Pre-School and in doing this I am thrilled to once again be a stay at home mom.  I spend my days keeping my house in order, playing with my kids and coming up with delicious recipes for dinner.  Who else can say that they get to work very little and play most of the day at their job!?!

I have been married to my best friend for nearly 14 years and am a happy mother of two(+)... I have an 11 year old and a 10 year old, both boys.  My little Emma passed away at 2 years old in January of 2012 due to a severe congenital heart defect and I have lost 5 other children during pregnancy.  So I have two living children.  Please do not feel sorry for our loss.  I have faith in God and in having such faith, I am able to focus on celebrating the children we were blessed to keep as well as cherishing the 2 years we had with our little tattered angel, Emma.  I know that out of trials come blessings and boy are we being blessed!  We are currently in the final stages of adopting 3 children (siblings), 6 year old girl, 5 year old girl and 3 year old boy and we could not be happier to invite them into our arms.

My hobbies include but are not limited to:

Photography, Sewing, Writing, Singing, Organizing, Counseling Others, Cooking, Baking, Reading, Listening to Music, Learning New Things, Home Improvement, Decorating, Crafting, Scrap-booking, Serving and Helping Others... I have more which is problematic at times, but always fun.

I love meeting new people and getting to know the inner workings of others due to their background, upbringing, race, and origin.  I enjoy hearing others thoughts on how their world works and helping them find the silver lining in every situation and letting them help me do the same.

I currently live in Maryland, just North of Washington, DC.  It is very different from the West Coast, but I love it here.  There are a lot of things to see and learn about and I love that my kids and I have endless things to do... most of which are free.

I can say that I have been through a lot in my life, both negative and positive, that have made me the person that I am.  If I could do them all over again, I would not change a thing.  I am happy where I am and hope to continue to grow in many ways the rest of my life.

Thank you for your support in reading my blog.  I hope you will find some of the things I write uplifting and insightful.  My over all goal is to help others learn through my own personal experiences.  Please sit back, kick up your feet, relax and enjoy reading "The Confessions of a Super Woman."


1 comment:

  1. I look forward to your posts! You truly are a super woman!

    ReplyDelete