Monday, January 19, 2015

Words of encouragement...

I was taught by my parents that everything, both good and bad, happens for a reason.  No matter how good of a person you may be, trials come.  They come in all shapes and sizes.  They come in order to help build us and make us stronger.

I know that life does not seem fair at times, but I also know that when I am going through something difficult, it is only for my benefit.

If you are having a hard time, here are some things you should do:

Pray - God is a loving Father who wants us to experience sorrow in order to appreciate joy.  Pray for strength and peace.  "If ye ask, ye shall receive."

Be Positive - Complaining and being negative will not change your situation.  Look for the good things then things will be easier to handle.

Count Your Blessings - When you are able to think of all the wonderful things in your life, the bad ones do not seem to matter as much.

Have a Support Group - Find someone you can talk to.  It can be your spouse, partner, roommate, parent, friend, clergy, therapist, even a total stranger, just find someone you can talk to that is willing to listen.  Sometimes when you talk it out, not only can it help to release your frustrations but it often helps you come up with a solution.

There are many other things that can help you through difficult times.  The thing that helps me the most is having faith that God knows what is best for me.  I know that when I am doing my best and trying hard, trials come, but only because God knows I can handle them.

Pray, be positive, count your blessings, find support and have faith.  When you do these things, your burdens will seem light.

Check out this amazing song!

"Stand in the Rain"

1 comment:

  1. Very true my friend. We can do hard things. It's not enjoyable, but every experience handled with grace and dignity, especially the unpleasant ones, brings us closer to diety.

    ReplyDelete